Estates & Wines, the Moët Hennessy wine division, is a unique collection of prestigious wineries spread across five continents. Our vineyards located on exceptional sites are among the best terroirs of their appellation. Each of our wineries has broken new ground - by pioneering new or forgotten regions; or through innovative & distinctive winemaking techniques.
Cloudy Bay Vineyards not only captures the essence of Marlborough and Central Otago but also embodies New Zealand's luxury to the world. The luxury of space and time, of intimate moments and nature’s rarest qualities.
Reporting to the Brand Experience Manager, we are looking for a Customer Experience Manager to promote the Cloudy Bay brand and the Cloudy Bay Shed, our recently created Visitor Centre located 5 minutes’ drive outside Cromwell, Central Otago. The Customer Experience Manager aims to create and deliver exceptional customer experiences for visitors while developing our hospitality offering within the regional tourism industry.
In this role, you will be responsible for closely managing the Visitor Center operations and team, promoting our offering and ensure smooth back-office operations, in accordance with Cloudy Bay standards & DNA.
In this role, you will be responsible for:
- Managing the Day-to-Day of the Cellar Door: people management & development– recruitment, induction, staff rosters, sales & customer service training, cash handling, and KPIs
- Promoting our experiences to the trade tourism industry to make our visitor center become a Destination: identify & develop partnerships and initiatives to increase visitor traffic to the Cellar Door & develop custom-made itineraries.
- Ensuring the business compliance with food & alcohol regulations (food control plan, responsible consumption of alcohol, licenses renewal)
- From December to April, delivering an outstanding customer and food service at the Jack’s Raw Bar, our Central Otago’s Cellar Door garden restaurant, by managing the restaurant service and kitchen team.
- Manage all custom-made itineraries, events and Private Experience bookings from inquiry to hosting. Demonstrating best hosting and customer service at all times.
- Health & Safety: ensure every hospitality team member execute their tasks in the safest manner for themselves and all our visitors, & goes home safely.
- Achieving to the department financial KPI’s through close monitoring of costs and creating development opportunities
- Managing the security & maintenance of the building and assert by dealing with the appropriate suppliers
In order to succeed in this position, you will have:
- A Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Event Management or Hospitality or Tourism
- A significant experience in Customer Service / Tourism / Sales / Event organization in a luxury or high-profile environment
- Developed knowledge of best practices in all areas of service, sales, food & wine – experience in a Cellar Door is an advantage
- Solid operational capabilities across all functions of the Cellar Door, including retail, tasting counter and a restaurant/bar
- Proven leadership, people management & team development skill
- Ability to work remotely from main offices & highly trustworthy
- A strong passion for wine, food and providing memorable customer experiences
- A high-energy, engaging and savvy approach
- Ability to speak excellent English, and European or Asian language would be an advantage
Ideally, we are looking for someone able to start 1st September 2020.
This position might be extended to a Full-time permanent position.
If you are interested in applying, please visit: