We are looking for creative candidates with keen artistic eye for the position of Senior Hairstylist.
Senior Stylist duties include advising clients on hair styling options, and hair-care needs, staying current with industry trends and new products on the market to offer and recommend the best services to our clients.
Additionally, Senior Stylist must possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ultimately, you will ensure all clients leave our salon satisfied with our services and feel happy with their new looks.
The daily responsibilities are extensive and often include the following
- Advising clients on their hair-care needs
- Creating hair styles for different events and everyday looks
- Describing different hair care products and their benefits
- Shampooing, cutting, colouring and highlighting hair and applying hair treatment products as needed
- Adhering to salon safety and cleanliness standards
- Form bonds with clients to ensure return visits
- Work experience as a Hair Stylist, Hairdresser, Colourist or similar role
- Certification and licence
- Thorough knowledge of hair styles, hair care products, hair colouring techniques like highlights, ombre and balayage; and related procedures and treatments
- An active listener and able to assess client's needs
- Sociable and personable
- Creative mindset and has keen artistic eye
- Physical stamina, able to stand for prolonged periods of time
Benefits and Perks
- Clients waiting
- Work-Life Balance
- Ethical salon
- Beautiful location
- Great environment
- Staff training
- Social activities
- Barista coffee
Hair stylists working full time will usually work up to 40 hours per week. This will usually include working on Saturday, with two days off (Sunday and Monday).