We are looking for a part-time Receptionist, to join our small team at Tahuna Pod Hostel in the centre of Queenstown.
The role of Receptionist will be to provide professional and effective front-of-house and housekeeping duties, to ensure the smooth running of day-to-day operations of the hostel.
- All front of house responsibilities, from check-ins, to assisting guests during their stay and the smooth operation of their check out.
- Anticipating guest needs and requirements.
- Organising and booking guest activities, during their stay in Queenstown, through our third party travel website.
- Opening and closing of the hostel reception, including finalising guest accounts and cashiering.
- Offering administrative support, including responding to emails and inquiries, and responding to guest reviews.
- Assisting in the housekeeping, to maintain the high standard of the hostel. This will include bed-making and cleaning & vacuuming bedrooms and communal areas.
- Adhering to policies and procedures at all times.
The ideal candidates will have:
- At least 6 months experience working in a similar role.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Strong IT skills and confidence using online booking systems.
- Excellent customer service skills and a passion to provide a memorable experience for all of our guests.
- Strong organisations skills and an attention to detail.
- Deal with emergencies in a calm and timely manner.
We are looking for confident, friendly, energetic and responsible individuals who are keen to make a difference at Tahuna Pod Hostel!
The successful candidate will work 4 days a week & approximately 25 hours per week and must be flexible to work weekends. Candidate must have a valid working visa for New Zealand.
To apply for this position, please email your CV and covering letter to our manager, Holleh at email@example.com