Overview of key trends
- There has been a decline in online job advertising, even though firms continue to hire more people. While the number of jobs viewed in October was in line with September, the number of people starting a search session increased 5%.
- Overall the local Southern Lakes job advertising featured on JobFix was in-line with the national statistics where jobs advertised online was down 4.9%.
- Job advertising for finance and admin roles rose in October compared with last year and construction and government roles were in line, while all other sectors fell. The biggest fall was in the hotel occupation groups with food and beverage dropping almost 50% compared to the same period last year.
- Compared to the previous quarter, job advertisements increased 24% as businesses began to focus to the upcoming summer trading period. With the election now behind us and a new government in power business confidence is returning, which its expected will feed into more jobs growth in the region.
- Overall, job vacancies in the region remain lower than otherwise would be expected at this time of year while those looking for roles is holding broadly steady.
Online JobFix audience
Stats at a glance
- JobFix jobs viewed in October vs September: 15,674 vs 16,542
- Session starts: 4,702 vs 4,626
- New Users: 72% steady
*Source: Google Analytics Ocotber, 2023
To book your job on JobFix head to www.jobfix.co.nz/employer-products/
Prices start at $35.00 plus GST.