- Predominantly outdoor events, e.g.: horse trekking, mountain biking, alpine hiking and skiing.
- Two+ years relevant experience in event organisation and management required.
- Duties include event/activity preparation and maintenance of the property infrastructure and facilities.
- General experience with upkeep of farm animals e.g. horses, sheep and dogs is a requirement.
- Must be a competent horse rider with some experience in managing a stable.
- Some first-aid knowledge or qualification an advantage.
- Must live locally and have own transport.
- Evening and weekend working on a semi-regular basis will be required.
We are looking for a multitasking individual with good interpersonal skills who is also confident and safe in handling farm animals as they will be actively involved (e.g. horse riding) and/or form an integral part of the 20ha rural property event site. The role includes organising and leading groups on outdoor day-trips e.g. horse riding/trekking, alpine hiking and ski trips.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the development of event/trip activities, schedules and budgets and the subsequent organisation and management of these.
The organisation and hosting of on-site post-event hospitality and accommodation will be an important part of the job function.
Our ideal candidate will have two+ years’ experience in planning, implementing and managing of events with good verbal and written communication skills, together with an ability to work both independently and as part of a team. This role will suit someone who has creative flair but is well organized, takes a proactive approach and thrives in a busy environment.
- Good interpersonal and management skills.
- Experience in developing and working with budgets.
- Practical knowledge and experience in outdoor activities e.g. property maintenance, landscaping, horse-riding, skiing and dealing with animals.
- The ability to work autonomously with irregular hours on occasions.
- Competence with Microsoft Office applications, e.g.; Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- A working knowledge of European languages, particularly German, is an advantage for future target markets.